Disputes in the business world are extremely common. If you are a business owner chances are high your business will eventually be involved in a dispute. You need to act fast to mediate the damage and find a solution to the problem as quickly as possible. An Oklahoma mediator can help.
There are several reasons why you might try working with an Oklahoma mediator to resolve a business dispute before pursuing litigation or another method of resolution. 10 of these reasons include:
- Mediation saves you money. In many cases, the only cost of mediation is the mediator’s fee, which can be split between disputing parties. And because mediation typically takes less time than litigation and other options, you don’t need to worry about billable hours piling up.
- Mediation gives disputing parties control of the situation. The mediator is a neutral facilitator and no ruling is made by the mediator. This means you have control over the process and the outcome and the Oklahoma mediator simply oversees the process.
- Mediation saves time. Most cases are resolved in just a few hours, but even if it takes longer it is still much more efficient and less time-consuming than litigation.
- Mediation helps you avoid a lawsuit and all of the negative fall-out from being involved in one as a business.
- Mediation boosts cooperation and can actually strengthen relationships. At the very least, it provides you with problem-solving skills you can use to avoid conflict in the future for your business. Many parties involved in business mediation find they are able to move forward with greater trust and understanding of those they conduct business with.
- Mediation is based on communication and allows parties to openly discuss, confidentially, the issue at hand. This gets to the root of the problem and truly helps them resolve the issue, instead of just a court ruling that ends a dispute without fixing the underlying issue.
- Mediation can actually help you uncover issues in your business and in your business relationships. Having a better understanding of what is working and what does not help you run a better business.
- Mediation allows for creative solutions. No business dispute is exactly like any other. Working with an Oklahoma mediator makes it possible to craft a resolution that is uniquely designed to help those involved. Not only does this make the current situation better, it means you might be able to avoid similar disputes in the future with the plan you have put in place.
- Mediation provides a win-win outcome. No matter how you slice it, there is always a winner and a loser in litigation. Mediation makes it so there are no losers. Everyone works together on a negotiated resolution that is mutually satisfactory and it is one of the only ways parties can walk away from a legal dispute feeling as though they are better for having participated.